Sunday, March 6, 2011

Here's Lucy: Season Four to be Released March 29th

Here's Lucy: Season FourIf you are looking at this page, chances are you are a huge Lucille Ball fan, and chances are you will be happy to know that Here's Lucy: Season Four is scheduled to be released by MPI Home Video on March 29, 2011.

Here's Lucy was Lucille Ball's third successful sitcom, which succeeded the ever-popular I Love Lucy, and The Lucy Show. In Here's Lucy, Lucille plays Lucy Carter, who is a widow with two children--Kim and Craig (played by Lucille's real-life children, Lucie and Desi Arnaz, Jr.). Living in the greater Los Angeles area, Lucy is employee of--and sister-in-law to--Harrison Carter (Gale Gordon), who is owner of Carter's Unique Employment Agency.This sitcom focuses around the problems and hilarious predicaments that widowed Lucy and money-conscious Harry get themselves into.

This release of Season Four of Here's Lucy, which aired in 1971-1972 and co-stars Gale Gordon, will feature all 24 episodes, uncut and digitally remastered.  Also included are bonus features of some never-before-seen footage.  Season Four includes guest appearances by many notable celebrities including Vivian Vance, Flip Wilson, Dinah Shore, Ginger Rogers, and many more.

I (for one) am very excited about its release, as I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to fall in love with Lucy all over again while watching Seasons 1-3. As a serious "Lucy fan," I would be lying if I didn't say I like all of her work, including all of her sitcoms (with the exception of Life With Lucy, which I have never seen, and therefore, cannot speak to). While I Love Lucy is (by far) my favorite show--period; ever--and is the most popular and critically-acclaimed of all the Lucy sitcoms, I personally prefer Here's Lucy over The Lucy Show. (And I'm soo glad these are finally coming out on DVD!!)  So, if you love Lucy, but never cared much for The Lucy Show, you may want to give Here's Lucy a chance!  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  (I am especially fond of Here's Lucy: Season Three (4pc), which happens to be my favorite of the Here's Lucy seasons released thus far).

So, am I alone on this one, or are any of you Lucy fans out there Here's Lucy fans, too??

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think I've ever watched this show before! lol I'll have to Netflix the first season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is good. The first season is so-so, mostly due to the inexperience of Lucie and Desi Jr., but they get better with each episode. I'm not sure if it's on Netflix but you would probably like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...